Sunday, August 18, 2019

A new beginning

I've just migrated back to Kuching, Malaysia, after 32 years in Brunei.

Changes are in store and with it comes new challenges and struggles. During times like these, I always turn to my hobbies to keep me grounded. I've given up a lot of my other hobbies during the move but I'm hoping to continue racing my RCs.

I have been involved in RCs in one way or another as a basher, racer and then an organiser for over twenty years. I've been looking for tracks and fellow RC hobbyists in Kuching but the scene here is not as active as in Brunei. I plan to build a track here in the near future but only if things go according to plan.

For now, I will have to wait for another month or so before my cars and gear gets shipped to me. In the meantime I plan to document my prior experiences with the hobby to cope with the stress of a new job, in a new environment, in a new country.

I hope this blog will also be helpful to those looking to start the hobby or for those looking to continue the hobby in a new environment. I also wish to document my return to racing and in a new country while noting the challenges involved in contributing to a less-than-active RC scene in Kuching, Sarawak.

Lets get things rolling.



My Team C T8 equipped with an OS .21 XZB engine. This was my winningest car to date and the engine was a dream to tune and race. I sold it as a combo when Team C pulled out of the country and parts became hard to acquire.


No comments:

Post a Comment